Summer snack – Spring roll noodle salad – Vegan
(1-2 serving, 15 min preparation)
- 4 Cocktail Spring rolls
- ½ cup of shredded Purple cabbage
- ½ small Carrot
- 4-5 Baby cos lettuce leaves
- ½ cup of cooked Thin rice noodles
- Half a small Cucumber
- A handful of Mint
- A handful of Thai Basil
- Black Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Chillies
- 2tbs or more according to your taste bud – Mimi’s laphet dressing
In summer days like this, I really enjoy short cooking time and less frying or any sort of heat contact with my skin to keep myself cool and hydrated. If you guys are like me who love to cook but more with the help of appliances and great result as turn out, keep reading, this is the recipe for you.
Heat makes you to eat something fresh, cool and a bit of crunch. We have all the elements for summer and a punch of lime zest, a kick of chilli and deep flavour of fermented tea to take this plant-based summer salad to the next level. Anyone can really prepare this so give yourself a go. Key here is to use fresh vegetables and natural ingredients.
- Shredded ½ carrot, mine was a big small in size but if you ended up extra after salad, just save it for later.
- Now is the time to bring out your air fryer to fry your cocktail spring rolls, I put 180’C for 15 min setting. You can go on and enjoy life and forget about these, good thing about air fryer is it fry for you.
- Cook rice noodles as per package instruction.
- Separate lettuce leaves and rinse and pat dry them.
- I cut cucumber here round but you can really cut any you like
- Chop chillies, wash and rinse mint and basil
- This step is where you bring out all your creativity and art into plate, place rice noodle as bed, on its lettuce, herbs, cabbage, cucumber, chilli and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with tea dressing and take picture of your salad with our bottle and post on social media with #mimislaphet to get our exclusive offers or simply share with rest of our family.